Don’t be intimidate by it’s name, we hear this is one tasty treat! It’s pretty easy to make too. One of our mamas is still kicking ass and taking names on a raw food diet (erm… something I failed to maintain 100% myself sigh) and share this birthday treat recipe with us.
This is the cake my bosses wife made for my birthday. The “regular eaters” loved it’s chocolate-y ness just as much.
Raw Chocolate Cake/Tart
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/3 cup agave syrup could use maple in a pinch
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups agave syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1 TBS Lucuma powder optional
- 1 TBS Maca Powder optional
- Combine and mix all ingredients into dough, press in to a 7" pan and up the sides. chill for at least 1 hour
- Combine in blender/processor until smooth, pour in to crust chill for at least one hour
- That's it! Raw food can be soooo easy to prepare and taste so good! Don't get me wrong, raw can be a pain in the arse to prepare too (blenders, dehydrators, spirooli's, the list of gadgets never ends) but for the most part it's pretty easy if you aren't too into "Haute Cuisine".