This delicious cheesy recipe only takes 6 ingredients to make! It is a great dish for Meatless Monday. Use it as a side dish for four or a whole meal for two. Zucchini is normally a summer vegetable and this would be a perfect dish to bring to your next pot luck or BBQ. Make a larger batch and take some to work for a healthy lunch!
Quinoa is high in protein and fiber and an excellent substitute for rice in any dish. Because it is a seed and not a grain it is also gluten free! Most kids wouldn’t think of quinoa as tasty, but tossed with some zucchini noodles and baked with cheese? You can’t go wrong.
Since I like to keep fresh vegetables in the fridge and quinoa in the cabinet as staples to the healthy meals I try and serve, this dish was made with ingredients I already had on hand. The recipe originally called for cheddar but I think any combination of shredded cheese would do.
See some more recipes on our Veggie Pinterest board or Find more Veggie recipes over at the Vegetarian and Vegan section of the website.
Cheesy Zucchini Quinoa Bake
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4-8 ounces shredded cheese I used Cheddar and Colby-Jack
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Shred your zucchini into noodles, I used a potato peeler to do this.
- 3. Mix zucchini noodles, cheese, oil, and salt in a bowl. I added the quinoa last because it was still warm and would melt the cheese.
- 4. Place mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden and serve!