Punk is dad and he is rad. We have created a little playlist for those Punky dads out there. This awesome Spotify playlist is free to listen to whether you use our online music player at the bottom of this article or visit Spotify directly.
These songs about fatherhood are performed by punk dads themselves. While not everyone has the ability to have a great or even functional relationship with both parents, Father’s Day we know can be difficult for some. It is just a day.
Whether you put this on to celebrate Father’s Day or just to play some songs dedicated to dad, we hope you enjoy it. Please check out our Gifts for dad gift guides too and visit the Punky shop for lots of merch.
Have you seen the book Punk Rock Dad or the documentary The Other F Word? The movie features some of Punk Rock’s greatest men – Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus, Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea and Rise Against’s Tim McIlrath to name a few. The Other F Word follows, Jim Lindberg, 20-year veteran of skate punk band, Pennywise, on his hysterical and moving journey from belting his band’s anthem, ‘Fuck Authority’, to embracing his ultimately pivotal authoritarian role in mid-life, fatherhood. This post was updated on 1 june 2018.
Punk Is Dad Music Playlist
- Everclear – Father Of Mine
- Hollywood Drunks – My Dad’s A Punk
- G.a.T.C. – Punk Rock Dad
- TYVY – Punk Daddy
- Rubber City Rebels – Punk Daddy
- The Mantis – My Dad Was a Punk Rocker
- The Porn Stars of Horror – Fuck You Dad
- Jane’s Addiction – Had A Dad
- Yellowcard – Life Of A Salesman
- Ramones – Beat On The Brat
- Lagwagon – Raise a Family
- Wolf Parade – Dear Sons And Daughters Of Hungry Ghosts
- Islands – Kids Don’t Know Shit
- Pennywise – The Kids
- Rise Against – Minor Threat
- blink-182 – Always
Want more music to stream online? Hit play at the button and listen to the rest of our Punky Moms Mixtapes!