There’s nothing like some good old honky tonk music, right? Maybe it’s because I grew up in Appalachian country or because I’m a real life coal miner’s daughter, I have a deep affinity for the classic country music. I grew up with it, and I love it more the older I get.
Love, heartbreak, jealousy, working hard, hating your job, drinking beer… it’s literally all there: real life sung about in songs. It’s so relatable.
So enjoy this mix of classic country that I’ve put together. There were so many more that I wanted to include, but I’ll have to save those for another time. I tried to include a few that everyone would recognize and some that you might be familiar with the covers of. And I’d like to dedicate the last track to all my Punky Moms, with love.
Click here to see the Coal Miner’s Daughter playlist on Spotify. Be sure to check out our Sunday Morning Comedown mix with Johnny Cash from a few years ago too. Come listen to more free streaming music on our Spotify station or you can use the embedded player here on our site. Have an idea for one? Get in touch
Classic Country Spotify Playlist
- Loretta Lynn – Coal Miner’s Daughter
- Lefty Frizzell – I Love You Mostly
- Buck Owens – Act Naturally
- Hank Thompson – A Six Pack To Go
- Johnny Paycheck – Take This Job and Shove It
- Patsy Cline – Faded Love –
- Merle Haggard & The Strangers – Mama Tried
- Willie Nelson – Hello Walls
- Don Gibson – Oh Lonesome Me
- Stonewall Jackson – I’m Just an Old Chunk of Coal
- Kitty Wells – Making Believe
- Tom T. Hall – I Like Beer
- Buck Owens – Heartaches By The Number
- Hank Locklin – Please Help Me, I’m Falling
- Johnny Cash – Flesh And Blood
- Hank Williams – Moanin’ The Blues
- Ernest Tubb – Pass The Booze
- Marty Robbins – Smokin’ Cigarettes And Drinkin’ Coffee Blues
- Slim Whitman – You’re the Reason
- Dolly Parton – I Will Always Love You
- Porter Wagoner – Cold Hard Facts of Life
- Mac Davis – It’s Hard To Be Humble
- Jan Howard – Evil On Your Mind
- Conway Twitty – It’s Only Make Believe
- Tom T. Hall – I Love
OMG! Thank you for this. We recently went on a short-ish road trip and I almost made myself carsick trying to put together an old country list to listen to on the way. So many of these are bringing back some great memories of my childhood and I can’t wait to save it to my favorites.