We are a very diverse group of free thinking parents. We are all very good friends and for many of us, our relationships extend beyond the internet. We hope you all will be long-standing members of our community and we are very happy to have you! We pride ourselves on being a place where you will find no competition, judgement, or girl hate. Support Your Local Mama Gang!
Sign up so you get the first look at Punky news before anyone else, some kicking motherhood in the ass motivation and a lil free gift of a Support Your Local mama Gang colouring page.
Please be sure to add your location to our map and check and see if someone is close by – your new BFFL might be just around the corner, or at least as close as the next city over.
If you’ve got your own business, add it to our directory! We love supporting other moms – we have a promo thread every Wednesday & Sunday where you are welcome to share more on. You are also welcome to sell on our Selling subgroup.
- First and foremost, our rules are subject to change. They rarely do, but we’re not perfect. Punky Moms is an ever changing site, and sometimes what worked last year (last decade?) doesn’t work for us today. It is your responsibility to be familiar with them, so please check them over periodically as we won’t be announcing changes.
- We welcome all parents, step parents, adoptive parents, queer parents, expecting parents, and those TTC. We even have a full-time nanny or two. If you don’t fit into one of these categories, this probably isn’t the place for you. We have a very strict admittance policy so those that cannot be verified will, most likely, not be admitted. We may message you to verify your parental part.
- By coming into this safe space, you agree to not be a bastard and respect people’s privacy. Taking screenshots of conversations in this group and reposting them elsewhere is a bannable offense, as is talking shit about Punky Moms or a member elsewhere. We don’t tolerate it at all.
- We do our very best to keep this a safe place for you, but please be aware of the personal information you share here.
- If you use a screenshot from somewhere else (say, your text messages), please make sure other people’s names are blacked out.
- This group tries to promote women and mothers everywhere and posts that slag off on celebrities or everyday moms will be deleted. There are lots of other places on the internet to do that.
- IF YOU POST ABOUT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, PLEASE USE A TRIGGER WARNING (AND MENTION WHAT THE TRIGGER WARNING IS FOR):
Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, verbal); Child Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, verbal); Death; Miscarriage; Stillborn; Suicide; Trauma (physical, emotional, birth related, etc); Traumatic CPS Experiences (children being take away). Pictures of blood/injuries (images or links to articles/videos) should be posted AS A COMMENT.
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding hatred & bigotry.
- We also have a zero tolerance policy regarding bullying. Don’t do it. This means no passive aggressive bullying as well. (i.e. no passive aggressive snarkiness). If you have an issue with another member or feel unsafe, please contact a modmin.
- Medical Advice Disclaimer:
The Punky Moms Forums (including our FaceBook groups) are provided for discussion and information sharing only. Messages posted are the opinion of the poster. Information conveyed in posts are no substitute for consultation with a qualified health care provider. Punky Moms is not responsible for and does not accept any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in any discussion board. Please consult your health care provider for advice on your own personal medical condition.
- If you decide this group is not for you or if you decide you need a break, please do not post a goodbye post. We hate swan songs. Go on and do your thing and we wish you luck.
- We like to have lots of meetups going on. Check them out here http://bit.ly/PMFamEvents. Please do think about creating an event! Please don’t invite non-punkys without asking your local group if they are ok with it. We want you to find your new mama bestie and make all the plans. When planning a Punky Mom meetup, please be sure you are ready to follow through with the event, before you start the topic. The topic starter is the event organizer, and it is their responsibility. Often times, people flake, kids get sick, and we all know shit comes up. This is understandable. That said, sometimes people are planning to drive long distances and in some cases fly out to be there. Be courteous about making and potentially canceling plans.
- The Punky Moms User Agreement is not up for discussion, debate or challenge. Policies and official Administrator actions are not up for debate, discussion or challenge. If you feel that someone is in violation of our policies, user agreement, or is in any way a threat to the safety of the community, please address your concerns to an Admin immediately.
- This FB group is NOT for public advertising. Every Wednesday & Sunday we have a “Support Your Local Mama Gang” thread where you can share about your business. Spam will be deleted and you will be banned. Do not send unsolicited PMs or emails to our members advertising your wares – this is grounds for dismissal. Please use common sense. You can absolutely respond to a direct product question (ex. – Where can I find the best diaper rash creme ever? My kids ass is on fire :( ) with a link to your product, your friends product, a recipe you’ve blogged, etc… You cannot post a fresh post of “I make the best fucking diaper rash creme ever, go buy it now!” if it’s not in the Wednesday/Sunday promo threads.”?
- Every so often we will go through our member list and do a little cleaning. We only will be removing members who have not commented or engaged within the community in over 3 months. If you feel you have been removed in error, please contact a modmin so we can remedy that.