This Mushroom Gnocchi with Pesto is a super easy dish to whip up for lunch at home or a weeknight easy vegetarian meal.
It took me under 10 minutes to get this mushroom gnocchi all on the table. I did use store bought pesto (and in this case it was a red pepper almond pesto) but by all means make it from scratch if you are up to it! Fresh pesto is so easy to make too and doesn’t take too long if you have all the ingredients already.
This is a quick and easy dinner recipe for busy nights. We all could use that extra time.
Also the recipe that I adapted this from used arugula in it and I substituted it for a mixture of leaves since it what was available at the moment when I went shopping. In a nutshell, you can make any adjustments you want to this and the end result will still be yummy goodness. My little guy (15 months) loves gnocchi so this mushroom gnocchi is great for baby led weaning too! Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 package of Gnocchi
- 3-4 cups arugula (optional)
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (not powdered)
- fresh parsley, basil, or other herbs to taste
- Boil water and cook the gnocchi per packet instructions.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté mushrooms for a few minutes until the mushrooms are browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the gnocchi to the mushrooms in the pan and stir in 2 tablespoons of your pesto and the cheese.
- Add the herbs and toss gently to combine.
- If you want, toss with arugula which will wilt.
- Toss with the remaining pesto and add some oil to drizzle over each serving (add more cheese too!)
If you would like some more Kitchen of Chaos Punky approved recipes, check out our section here. We also have a dedicated Facebook group all about meal planning and everything under the sun in your home. Join the Punky Homestead here.