Easy Cauliflower Pizza For Dinner
Cauliflower pizza? Seriously what can’t be done with this magical vegetable? For years all I ever knew was that you could boil them and if you were lucky you mixed it with cheese. This recipe may seem to have a lot of steps, but it was actually pretty simple in the long run to make. It is a great replacement for your normal flour based crust but I will warn you it makes this dish savoury and very hearty. I did not walk away from this meal thinking I had a nice light dish. I did walk away knowing that I got my veggies and I could be guilt free about it. I even made two different types of cauliflower pizza!
I would like to experiment with some other recipes, but I am happy with this one I found at Eat Great Deal though.
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (crush it even more between your fingers)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (crust it even more between you fingers)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- Desired amount of sauce and toppings is up to you!
- Optional some red pepper flakes
- Place a baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a large piece of parchment paper with nonstick cooking oil for each pizza you are making.
- Make sure cauliflower is washed and dried. Cut off the florets and pulse in your food processor for about 30 seconds, until you get powdery snow like cauliflower. See photo at bottom.
- You should end up with 2 to 3 cups cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Dump cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and allow to cool for a bit before attempting the next step.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in the dish towel and wring the heck out of it. You want to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Put cauliflower into a bowl and add the cheeses, salt, and dried herbs, Crush up the herb leaves even more between your fingers before adding.
- Add garlic powder, and a dash of red pepper if you want.
- Now add your egg and mix away. I used my hands.
- Once mixed together, use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your oiled parchment paper.
- Pat it down very throughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don't make it too thick or thin either.
- Using a cutting board slide the parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 8 - 11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add however much sauce, cheese, and toppings you want.
- Slide parchment with topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly golden.
- Allow it to cool for about two minutes.
- Cut and serve!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later!