Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 286
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 bunch of asparagus – cut off 2 inches of the less desired ends & discard, cut the rest into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese (I used part skim)
- 1 bunch chives, 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 tbs cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 - 5 eggs
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan for a few seconds until the oil is hot. Add the asparagus and saute for a few seconds.
- Add 1/2 the salt and ground black pepper. Add 2 tbs water and cover pan with lid. Cook the asparagus for about 4 minutes until crispy tender. Remove from heat and set aside. Separate some of the tips for later use.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and remaining salt and pepper. Add the chives, cream, grated cheese and ricotta cheese. Combine with a whisk and add the asparagus along with pan juices. Stir with a spoon to thoroughly combine.
- Grease a baking dish or with non-stick baking spray or olive oil.
- Empty the mixture into the baking dish and arrange the asparagus tips on top.
- Bake in the hot oven for about 20-25 minutes till the frittata has set. It will still be a little jiggly towards the center.
- Turn the oven to broil and set under the broiler for 2 minutes for a nice golden brown finish. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Punky Moms - A Parenting Website For The Alternative Parent https://punkymoms.com/