Have the winter blahs visited your house yet? After the sensory overload of the holidays, it is sometimes difficult to return to the normalcy. Grab the kids and chase away the cold by making some hot cocoa together. I’ve heard it said that hot chocolate is like a hug from the inside. You deserve that hug!
Here are 10 great recipes to try this winter season
- Starting with the obvious, plain old hot cocoa in the crockpot.
- This vanilla bean cocoa is a nice twist from Salt Tree.
- This peppermint hot cocoa uses syrups but if you still have candy canes lying around, they make excellent drinking straws, just snap off the curve or melt it in your drink.
- One of my favorite things about being in the kitchen is knowing the various flavors that accentuate each other. Such as chocolate and chiles in this Mexican hot chocolate. Mmmm!
- Looking for something quick? Try this two ingredient Nutella drink. Simple and delicious.
- The next two are as visually pleasing as they are tasty. Let Minty hot cocoa melt your grinchy little heart this winter.
- Do your kids still love Frozen? I’m sorry. Might as well be nice and try this. They’ll be sure to love this blue Elsa inspired one from Simplistically Living.
Already have a mix lying about or your own favorite recipe? Here are three marshmallow recipes to go with it.
- Salted Caramel seems to be the trendiest of flavors right now. If you’re digging the combo, try these salted caramel swirl marshmallows from Bake or Break.
- Peppermint marshmallows to go with your peppermint hot cocoa. Too much peppermint? Never!
- This one is just for the adults, Baileys marshmallows are the perfect addition to any Drunky Moms hot cocoa!
Any to add? What is your fav hot cocoa combo? Pin this recipe for later!