I cannot believe this wasn’t our first Cookin’ Time! recipe! What was I thinking? I can’t even tell you. Our own Winter Rosebudd shared this deliciousness with us oh, five or so years ago! Punky Mom’s very own fertility slaw! Now, I make a lot of slaw. Mayo slaw, vinegar slaw, non-mayo slaw, I’ve got about six “standby” recipes for slaw. Cabbage is cheap, filling, crunchy, mild and delicious. Did I mention cheap? An uncut cabbage keeps practically forever in the fridge (unwrapped! no plastic!), so if you forget about it in the back, well, it’ll still be there in a week or two when you find it again! Purple cabbage? Full of good stuff and flavour. Green cabbage? A delicious mild, peppery kind of taste. Well, enough about my love of cabbage, onto Ms. Rosebudd’s slaw.
Punkymom's Fertility Slaw!
- 1 head of purple cabbage sliced thin
- 1 each red yellow, orange, green bell peppers sliced thin
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tables soy sauce
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 " piece of fresh ginger minced optional
- sesame seeds to sprinkle on top optional
- Whisk dressing in a bowl. Mix with other ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour at least.
- You can easily sub this dressing with any Asian style dressing. I like mine because its fat free and I think it tastes better without the oil!