Looking to find a cool new friend who happens to be a parent near you so you can complain together? Join a chapter.
I know I should try and let things go, be all higher and rise above, but dude, I’m spent. I want a do-over. There are serious things to be upset about, innocent people are dying every day because of who they are, and to say I’m upset about that would be a grievous understatement. The following list, in no particular order, are petty things I’m pissed off about.
- The number one thing busting my buffers these days is having to repeat myself. I raised you kid, I’m 98% sure we speak the same language because I taught it to you. For the love of an Old God, stop looking at me like I asked you to unload the dishwasher in Klingon.
- Unless you are prepared to offer help or at the very least chocolate, don’t fucking tell me I look tired. I know I look tired, because, I AM. I may not have left the house with two different shoes on, but I’m thiiiis close to trying this clever trick. Will it make you go away?
- Dress codes. I’m not even talking about the always controversial school dress codes. I’m talking about the funky idea that I cannot behave professionally unless I look like I don’t have a personality. I just want to wear my Docs, okay? They’re comfortable and I’m pretty sure they’ll protect my feet better than flats or heels should I drop someone or something heavy on my foot.
- While we’re talking about clothes. This one is for the designers. I’m fat. You know this, I know this, can we not pretend this isn’t a fact?
- Conversely, no one wants a shapeless tarp. Last question: you know I have ankles, right?
- You have a PhD and you still write effect when you mean affect. This is more problematic than River’s ice planet.
- I love BPAL. I could give you a dozen reasons why, but the point is that I’m not anti-perfume. However, if I can taste your cloud of aerosolized fruit, it’s going to piss me off. Leave the sex panther at home. Doubly so for Axe anything (except that really fab commercial, more of that!).
- Did you fuck something up? If you admit it, I probably will be more understanding than if you lie or try to blame someone/something else. Chances are good we can even fix it.
- Askholes. You know at least one of these people, they’ll ask your opinion on something and you put genuine effort into considering their dilemma and then they do the opposite. Next time save us both and tell me you’d like to hear your opinion parroted back to you.
- Lastly, after all this time, why do people make art and wearables for every Hogwarts house BUT Hufflepuff?
Phew, it felt good to get that all out. Give it a try! What are you pissed off about? What’s scratching your vinyl these days?
Ugh Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash
No Photo by Gemma Evans on Unsplash
Ready to flip the anger?
OKAY. I’m so with you on a bunch of these – but, of course, my brain has latched onto the Hufflepuff point because YES. THIS THIS THIS FOREVER!
Grady´s last blog post ..My Whimsical Wedding – The Bridesmaids
The asshat that rear ended my car while driving uninsured (He was). The fact that my car was found to be a total loss from the damage. That I’m not receiving lost wages or medical help. Then their is the issue with my (now former) roommate from hell that tried to kick my door down because his son claimed I scowled at him. Which resulted in my friends moving me out the next day. The one bright spot is that I have amazing friends! Now I have to buy a new car, so I can get back to work asap. Funds are dwindling fast!! I have to do it this weekend so I won’t be able to attend the pride show & parade as planned ugh
Now I’m just worried that a house will fall on me because what else could possibly go wrong?!