I made brown rice with grated carrot, diced apple & caramelised sweet potato for dinner the other night. It is a delicious vegan recipe with red onion and pecans. I topped it off with a maple & dijon mustard dressing.
There’s only me and my son at home and he barely ate any of it! More for me! The recipe might need doubling for a bigger family. I ate 2 bowls and finished the last bit off later in the evening.
Brown Rice With Apples And Everything Else
- 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 medium sweet potato – cubed
- 1 red onion – sliced
- 1 carrot – grated
- 1 apple – diced
- 2 tbsp butter I used vegan butter
- 3 heaped teaspoons brown sugar
Maple & Dijon Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Stir fry the potato, onion & pecans with the butter and sugar for about 10 mins until potato is tender.
- Add to the cooked rice along with the carrot & apple.
- Drizzle dressing on top and enjoy!
Maple and Dijon Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a jar with a good fitting lid and shake to combine. Then drizzle over rice & veg. Enjoy!
Mel is a single mum of 1 who likes cooking and most importantly eating tasty vegan food. Since converting to veganism last September Mel has discovered a new love of experimenting with flavours and ingredients. Pinterest obsessed but unable to actually follow a recipe Mel aims to one day open her own vegan cafe & community hub. You can find more vegan recipes on her Instagram too.