New Year’s Day I was looking for something easy and comforting to make for dinner. I stumbled upon a recipe using oven ready lasagna noodles and converted it to a vegetarian version by using Morning Star Crumbles instead of ground beef. The prep was simple and the results were delicious. Who thought lasagna could be this easy?
Oven Ready Vegetarian Lasagna
- 1 - 12 oz pkg of Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 2 - 15 oz. containers of part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 or more cups of shredded part skim, mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 jar 24-26 oz of chunky vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of Morning Star or other brand vegetarian crumbles
- 1. Preheat oven to 425
- 2. In a large bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, and basil. Mix well.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine the past sauce, 1 cup water, and crumbles. Mix well.
- 4. In a 9" x 13" pan, spread approximately 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Place 1/3 of the noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles. Top with 1/3 of remaining sauce. Repeat layering once. Top with remaining noodles, then sauce.
- 5. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Wrap the lasagna tightly with a double layer of foil. Bake for 60 minutes or until the lasagna is fork tender.
- 6. Let stand 10 minutes sealed in the foil before cutting and serving.