When you’ve been working all damn day and finally get home and all you wanna do is relax. What’s that? You realize you have no plans for dinner? What do you do? I threw together Mexican Taco Casserole with items I already had in the fridge and cabinet.
We make tacos like every week so it was easy for us but you can definitely tweak this dinner recipe to work with what is in your pantry! Serve with salsa, tortillas or corn chips. A little guac and sour cream too. Makes a perfect, quick, last minute meal. Enjoy!
Last Minute Taco Bake
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 - 1 bag of Frozen Corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 6 oz can of Tomato Paste I suggest only using half a can
- 1 pack of Taco Seasoning or make your own
- 1/2 Cup Beer or Water
- Lime Juice
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Colby-Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Cilantro Chopped
- Roma or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Salsa & Sour Cream Optional
- Chips or Tortillas Optional
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8 x 8" baking dish, or something similar. Grease a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- 2. Chop onions and add to skillet. Cook for one minute. Add corn. Cook for approximately five minutes. Add tomato paste and taco seasoning. Mix together.
- 3. Add beer or water and a dash of lime juice. Cook off liquid. Add 1/2 the cheese and cilantro. Transfer to baking dish.
- 4. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 5. Chop tomato and avocado. When dish is done cooking, take out of oven and top with tomato and avocado. Serve with salsa, sour cream, chips or tortillas.