I have officially made Sunday’s my crockpot meal day. I wake up, grab my cup of coffee and toss all the ingredients of my recipe in the pot so I can go about Sunday Fun-day and not worry about what’s for dinner!
This hearty low-carb, vegetarian meal will not leave you hungry, that’s for sure, but you don’t have to feel guilty if you do go back for seconds. The cauliflower crumbles nicely to imitate what would have been a meat sauce and the zucchini is a great alternative to pasta. You can’t go wrong with all these vegetables!
Crockpot Cauliflower Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles
- 4-5 large zucchinis
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Place all the ingredients, except the zucchinis, into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3.5-4).
- Slice the zucchini into thick noodles lengthwise. I used my cheese grater, you can also use a potato peeler or other special slicing tool.
- Mash cauliflower with a potato masher or fork until the florets break up into small pieces.
- Spoon the ‘bolognese’ over the zucchini noodles and serve.