This Chickpea, Avocado, and Kale Salad is vegan, raw and very healthy. It’s tangy, savory and green…it’s just really good. A perfect salad to bring to a friend’s potluck, a side at your dinner meal or a healthy lunch time for you. If you love Kale, be sure to check out our latest Homemade Soup Recipe Roundup which includes a few kale soups in there.
Chickpea, Avocado, Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of Kale chopped
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1/2 Red onion minced
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic minced
- Sprinkle of: salt pepper + red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon or Lime juice
- Place the chopped kale in a bowl, drizzle some olive oil over it and massage into the kale. This will take some of the bitter kale taste away.
- Toss the drained chickpeas, diced avocado, minced red onion and garlic together.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime or lemon over the top, you may add more olive oil it you'd like.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- You can put it in the fridge for a bit so the tastes can blend, then ENJOY.
The other day I substitute the chickpeas with shelled soy beans and it was delish!