Are you looking for a quick, easy AND healthy breakfast alternative that you can make ahead of time and just reheat and eat?
We all want that don’t we? Well, look no further! You can’t go wrong with these high protein, low carb breakfast treats. These breakfast egg muffins taste like an omelette and look like a muffin. Bonus, they will get you going, fill your belly, and hold off that hunger till lunch time.
Eggs really are packed full of nutrients. They contain omega-3 fats, A, B, D, E and K vitamins, plus a complete range of amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
This recipe is just one of endless variations to these breakfast egg muffins. I chose to use spinach, broccoli and green onions in mine, but you can add just about anything to yours. A little salsa on top for a kick and walla!
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 6 eggs
- Splash of Almond Milk
- Handful of Spinach chopped
- Broccoli chopped
- Green Onions chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Muffin papers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the muffin papers in the cups of a muffin tin, give each one a spritz of the cooking spray.
- Divided evenly and place your chopped vegetables in the muffin papers.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and give them a whip with a splash of almond milk (or any kind of milk).
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, filling each cup about 3/4ths full.
- Place a dollop of salsa on each and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are firm and a fork come out clean when poked into the egg.
- Enjoy right away, store in the fridge in a ziploc for a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Perfect for a breakfast on the go.