I made brown rice with grated carrot, diced apple & caramelised sweet potato for dinner the other night. It is a delicious vegan recipe with red onion and pecans. I topped it off with a maple & dijon mustard dressing.
There’s only me and my son at home and he barely ate any of it! More for me! The recipe might need doubling for a bigger family. I ate 2 bowls and finished the last bit off later in the evening.
- 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 medium sweet potato - cubed
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1 carrot - grated
- 1 apple - diced
- 2 tbsp butter (I used vegan butter)
- 3 heaped teaspoons brown sugar
- Stir fry the potato, onion & pecans with the butter and sugar for about 10 mins until potato is tender.
- Add to the cooked rice along with the carrot & apple.
- Drizzle dressing on top and enjoy!
Maple and Dijon Dressing:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 cloves of garlic minced.
Add all ingredients to a jar with a good fitting lid and shake to combine. Then drizzle over rice & veg. Enjoy!