I made this recipe for my family for Meatless Monday and didn’t tell my extremely picky son that it was cauliflower, I know, deceitful; but he ate it right up and even came back for seconds. Like cauliflower pizza crust, it is a lot easier to make than one would think. You just need a food processor to make the cauliflower rice, some parchment paper and a baking pan. No squeezing or ringing out the water like other recipes, just pop it in the microwave. It really couldn’t be any simpler.
See some more Meatless Monday recipes on our Veggie Pinterest board or Find more Veggie recipes over at the Vegetarian and Vegan section of the website.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 cups of Shredded Cheese (I used a cheddar, parmesan, monterey jack blend)
- 3 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Trim the stems off the cauliflower. Put the florets in the food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. Microwave for ten minutes.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. Place cauliflower rice in a bowl, add eggs, 2 cups cheese, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- 4. Separate into two halves and place each on the baking sheet. Shape into a flat shape resembling pizza crust or flat bread.
- 5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Once golden, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes or until melted.
- 6. Slice and serve alone or with dipping sauce.
- Optional dipping sauces: Marinara, ranch dressing, blue cheese.