It is okay to admit that one of the biggest things that suck about pregnancy is the inability to enjoy alcohol. I’m not talking a glass of wine here and there, but a proper cocktail to enjoy when out in the sun and hanging with your mama gang. If you are one of the fortunate few who are cooking a baby at the moment, then have a look at this list of delicious mocktail recipes. Never heard of a mocktail? Mocktails are non-alcoholic drinks that are made to replicate or seem like the real thing.
We know how important it is to keep hydrated and sometimes water just isn’t enough. I really enjoyed banana milkshakes (helped with the heartburn) and strawberry lemonade for my summer pregnancy. I drank virgin Piña coladas on our baby moon in Turkey. I even tried the non-alcoholic beers and every single one I tried all pretty much sucked.
Obviously you don’t have to be pregnant to enjoy these. They are kid-friendly so make some so everyone can feel fancy! Share them with your straight-edge punk pals too. They are just great to have around when having your girl gang over for a BBQ, because let’s be real, these days we have people in our life who just don’t drink …. and that’s cool because we love and support them too.
Ten Yummy Mocktail Recipes To Make Right Now
- Frozen Coconut Limeade – Smitten Kitchen
- Berry Spritzer – The Honest Company
- Italian Cream Soda – Merry Thought
- Virgin Pina Colada – Free People
- Strawberry Lime Cucumber Water – Brit & Co.
- Virgin Frozen Margaritas – Taste and Tell Blog
- Non-alcoholic Sangria – Real Mom Blog
- Ginger Mojito – Taste As You Go
- Virgin Peach and Raspberry Bellinis – Miss In The Kitchen
- Banana Slush Punch – Our Best Bites
Do you have any mocktail recipes to add to our pregnancy cocktail list?