For most of you by now, the kids have been back at school for a few weeks. As fast as that came along, your creativity for school lunch ideas has already gone out the window. Am I right?
Well have no fear. We compiled a little list of some school lunch ideas that maybe you had not thought of. It’s okay to feel uninspired sometimes, it happens to all of us. It does not mean you are not kicking motherhood in the ass. However, let’s put down the pb&j sammiches and give these new school lunch ideas a try. You can even steal a few of them for yourself.
25 School Lunch Ideas
- Food on Sticks. Chicken satays or sausage kebabs. Be careful of the sticks though. You could poke someone’s eye out!
- Spring Rolls
- Deli Meat Roll Ups
- Vegetable Sushi
- Cold Noodle Salads
- Muffin Tin Lasagna
- Pita and Hummus or other dips
- Breakfast For Lunch. Think pancakes, waffles, and hard boiled eggs.
- Breadsticks with marinara dip. Mozzarella and pepperoni too.
- Pita Pizza. Oits of variations.
- Beef & Carrot Stew. Kids will get a kick out of bringing a thermos to school.
- Cucumbers & Snap Peas.
- Almond butter & Honey on Pita Rounds. I even love bananas on it.
- “Ants on a log” (celery with natural peanut butter and raisins)
- Baked potato with some butter and cheese
- Black bean burritos
- Meat, cheese, and crackers Homemade lunchables that are so much better for you.
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- Loaded nachos. Refried beans, cheese.
- Mac n Cheese
- Greek Salad. Can even put in a wrap.
- Tofu Jerky
- Falafel with Tzatziki sauce
- Punky Mom Pasta Salad
What do you do to break the monotony? Would love to hear some more ideas in the comments!