Although we are winding down for strawberry season here in the UK, there are still many of you that have plenty of time left to enjoy this delicious fruit. I know when I lived in Florida, strawberry season was in the winter because, yeah, Florida. Strawberry season and stone fruit season are truly my favorite foodie fruit seasons. I am always looking for some new strawberry recipes to try.
I stumbled on a neighbor selling strawberries a few weeks ago on the main road in the village. Damn right I bought some! They were so so so good too and Oscar ate them right up.
So it think it is safe to say that you should give these unique and yummy strawberry recipes a go. Some are sweet and others savoury too. I personally like mixing fruits in a more savoury way and I am a big fan of adding fruit to salads, especially more bitter leaves like arugula (rocket in the UK). I think it gives a nice spin and surprise for your palette. Anyways, I digress, here are a few ones to try.
- Chocolate covered strawberry brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Homemade Strawberry Milk by Add a Pinch
- Balsamic, Strawberry and Avocado Toastie by The Skinny Fork
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad by Damn Delicious
- Strawberry Agua Fresca by Savvy Naturalista
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream by Whole Yum
- Roasted Strawberry, Brie, and Dark Chocolate Grilled Cheese by How Sweet Eats
- Chilled Strawberry Soup by Beard and Bonnet
- Watermelon Strawberry Tomatillo Salad by Pickled Plum
- Strawberry Refrigerator Oats by Chef in Disguise
Which one is your fav? A few are blowing my mind. Going to have to try the Strawberry Toastie and the Brie Grilled Cheese for sure.
You are definitely going to want to pin these for later.