We have been talking about doing a Random Acts Of Kindness campaign for at least a year at Punky Moms and we are so very proud to present this one to our family.
For almost 15 years I was lucky enough to call Orlando my home. A city with a vibrant culture that I always said was Florida’s best kept secret. Don’t fool yourself people, Orlando has nothing to do with The Mouse. If you ever were able to drive down those beautiful roads and glimpse pure majestic nature, I don’t need to tell you, you know. It is the City Beautiful indeed.
When I heard about the Pulse Nightclub shooting when I woke up in my home in the UK, my heart dropped. I had been to that club, it was in my old neighborhood. I had friends that worked there and friends that went there. This terror attack hit the hardest. Across an ocean and feeling helpless, I mourned with my friends who were checking in as safe on facebook.
Orlando is where I found Punky Moms over a decade ago. It gave me support and friends for life. Orlando has always had a huge community of Punky Moms. I was eternally grateful for that. We had so many meetups and nights out. All my friends became Punky Moms. It was amazing.
So with the one year anniversary of Pulse coming up, the biggest honor we can do is to give back to our community. Not just in Orlando but all over the world. Orlando is empowering and it is beautiful and it deserves to have love shown for them.
Random Acts Of Kindness official definition is a nonpremeditated, inconsistent action designed to offer kindness towards the outside world. Spreading love and kindness with the intention of receiving nothing in return. The time has come when we cannot just rely on others to make the world a better place – each one of us has to do our bit. Kindness is contagious. Never underestimate the impact that a single act of kindness can do.
In our Punky Moms Saving The World Facebook group we compiled a list of 49 Random Acts Of Kindness that you can do this next week to help bring some good into the world. One small, thoughtful gesture can make someone else’s day. Do it for yourselves, do it for your kids. Show them how important it is to give back.
Don’t let this list of 49 limit you. We have made an easy printable guide for you to use and check off if you want to (I do love ticking boxes..accomplishment ahhhhh). We would love to see any progress you do!!! Please tag us on Instagram and/or use the hashtag #punkymomsgiveheart
DOWNLOAD BELOWPunky Moms Give Heart RAOK List (183 downloads)
Punky Moms Random Acts Of Kindness List
- Leaving kind notes in random places for strangers (on the bus, in books in the library)
- Leaving spare change in/attached to a vending machine
- Buy a stranger a coffee
- Drop donations off at a food bank
- Leave positive feedback about staff in a local shop with a store manager
- Give away your parking spot
- Help someone pack their shopping/get it to their car
- Give out flowers to passers by
- Seed bomb nearby wasteland
- Help with rubbish collection at your local beach or park
- Compliment someone
- Be kind to your server
- Take treats to your local emergency services /fire station/A&E/Emergency Room
- Write a thank you card to someone
- Give a small gift to a neighbour
- Leave good reviews on social media for businesses that you use
- Donate old clothes/toys/books to a local charity shop
- Make something for someone that you know (or someone that you don’t)
- Leave a tip at your local coffee shop
- Donate old towels and sheets to an animal shelter
- Let someone go in front of you in a line
- Donate old toys or books to a local children’s hospital
- Send 3 people a positive message or compliment just because
- Plant a tree
- Stop and chat to a homeless person, maybe buy them a tea/coffee
- Visit and/or take flowers to a nursing home
- Volunteer to serve food to the homeless
- Bake someone a cake.
- Be polite on the road
- Pick up trash around a park
- Walk dogs at a shelter
- Donate to Zebra Coalition
- Collect children’s books & toys for a shelter
- Donate to your local LGBTQ+ Charity
- Pay for someone’s purchase in line in front of you
- Shop Local & Independent
- Organize an event with friends creating period packs and drop it at a homeless shelter
- Eat meatless for 5 days
- Gift a reusable grocery bag filled with environmentally cleaning supplies to a sceptic
- Organize a guerrilla book drive and drop the collected books at a local abused women’s shelter, homeless shelter or daycare
- Buy an extra bag of groceries at the store and take them to a shelter
- Switch to Paperless Mail
- Give blood
- Sign up to be an organ donor
- Post a positive story on your wall
- Tell someone you love how important they are to you
- Leave positive feedback at a business
- Collect old used blankets, towels and sheets and drop them at an animal shelter
- See a parent with their hands full or struggling whilst out? Ask them if they need a hand.
We’re up with kindness, doing good & compassion. We’re up with making a difference, creating change, speaking up. We’re up with raising humans that will create great things, change minds with their voices & continue the good we do. We are up with love & empathy but we are NOT up with apathy. There is no room for apathy. Down with apathy. Spread the word.
Orlando pics taken by Randi