Toddlers are a freaking blast. They start to have their own little personalities, start showing you their actual likes and dislikes ( the like part is more fun ) and well, I find it to be my favorite time so far as a mother, ( I’ve said that every month so who knows ).
I’ve played music for my son since he was born, slow, calm, music. Honestly I’ve been putting myself to sleep musically and when an old favorite comes on my shuffle I’m almost surprised “where did that Nina go ?” you know the one who could talk about music for hours at parties in college, the one who boys just had to make mix CDs for so she could hear their new favorite songs, punk rock, hip hop, feel good dance music.
Moses started dancing a few weeks ago, mimicking his mama, so I decided it was time to introduce him to the Beastie Boys, and you know what ? We had a blast, I think much like his mother, Brass Monkey is a favorite, thank God.
Without further ado, a songs for toddler playlist of fun songs to enjoy with your toddler.
Songs For Toddlers Playlist
- Beastie Boys – (You Gotta ) Fight For Your Right (To Party)
- Wolfmother – Vagabond
- Black Flag – TV Party
- Minor Threat – Minor Threat
- The White Stripes – Fell In Love With A Girl
- Rilo Kiley – Portions For Foxes
- Sleater-Kinney – Words and Guitar
- Fugazi – Waiting Room
- Tom Waits – I Don’t Wanna Grow Up
- Blondie – Heart Of Glass
- Beck – E-Pro
- Lykke Li – Dance, Dance, Dance
- David Bowie – Let’s Dance
- Wu-Tang Clan – Gravel Pit
- Led Zeppelin – Black Dog
- Sex Pistols – My Way
- The Kinks – Come Dancing
- LCD Soundsystem – Dance Yrself Clean
- M.I.A. – Pull Up The People
- The Roots – The Seed (2.0)
- The Clash – Should I Stay or Should I Go